Read more about the beans that make up our signature Dead Mammoth blend. You can configure your order here
A family run coffee bean plantation owned by Nazareth Isidro, encouraging female producers.
This bean farm has a love story behind it. Among the first generation of coffee growers in this area was Jose Isidro Pereira, a producer who inherited the plantation, from his mother when she passed away. This was an incident that ended his dentistry career but put him on a path to coffee farming. In 1949, Jose met the “love of his life,” Nazareth, who continues to run the farm her husband left in her care. Nazareth and Jose’s children—Francisco, Luiz Paulo, Clycia, and Sandra—are also coffee bean producers, and are carrying on the family tradition.
- Country of origin: Brazil
- Region of production: Carmo De Minas, Minas Gerais
- Variety: Yellow Bourbon Bean
- Altitude of growth: 100-1450 masl
- Period of harvest: April-September
- In your cup: Balance sweet, honey, toasted almond and grape flavours
The Community Coffee program with CoopeTarrazu has allowed us to separate out lots from specific
communities within the area of León Cortés, encouraging the cooperative to increase its attention to trace ability, therefore increasing the opportunities that small producers will achieve recognition for their coffee beans. Because there is a premium paid for the extra work and attention that goes into these coffee beans, the premium supports the entire cooperative. Its an incentive to continue these types of labor-intensive but worthwhile programs and projects.
- Country of origin: Costa-Rica
- Region of production: Leon Cortes, San Antonio Community Farm
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai Beans
- Altitude of growth: 1700-1950 masl
- In your cup: Caramel, toffee, green grape floral and burnt sugar with tart acidity